This In-Person Workshop was held in June, 2022.
The “11th Annual CAACCI Best Practices Roundtable Workshop” will be held in 2023.
To be notified, please join our mailing list.
See below for details including learning objectives, CPE, reviews, etc.
This 2-day interactive Best Practices Roundtable Workshop is for the experienced construction audit and/or construction cost control professional who is looking to gain additional insight from other accomplished professionals.
We will be exploring the pros and cons of different construction contract language concepts, procurement approaches, project cost controls, and construction audit techniques. Learning points will be provided with examples.
We expect to have a diverse group of experienced construction audit and cost control participants. Formal presentations will be limited to 15 minutes followed by ample time for open discussion by all attendees.
Earn 16 CPE Credits – Course Level: Intermediate
Who Will Benefit from this Program
- Construction Audit Consultants
- Internal Audit Professionals
- Cost Engineers
- Construction and Engineering Department Representatives
- Facilities Management Department Representatives
- Procurement Department Representatives
- Learn the latest best practices in use for construction audit and cost control
- Obtain an update on the trends in tools and techniques used for construction audit and cost control
- Explore specific case example results of current best practice construction audits
- Have ample time to learn during question and answer sessions at the conclusion of each presentation
Click the presenter’s name for bio:
- Vince Chapman – VP Audit & Contract Services – HPM, LLC
- Antonio Fratangelo – Partner, Contract Services – HPM, LLC
- Marc Gravely – Founder & Principal – Gravely Attorneys & Counselors
- Kevin Jensen – Development Division Controller – City Creek Reserve, Inc.
- Marvin Johnson – Sr. Project Manager – Construction Management Partners
- Jim Miller – Senior Manager – Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
- Patrick Reiser – Senior Cost Manager – Axias Inc.
- Adam Rouse – Senior Director – FTI Consulting
- Robert Rubel – Chief Internal Audit Officer – Dallas ISD
- Debbie Townsend – President – R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC
- Rich Townsend – President – Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
- John Wisz – Founder & Principal – Wiszco, LLC
- Henry Woods – Manager, Advisory Services – Armanino LLP
- Vince Yauger – Associate Vice President – Broaddus & Associates – North Texas Project Operations
Informal Networking Opportunities Included
- Breakfast will be provided each morning of the seminar
- Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon refreshment breaks
- Lunch will be provided for the group both days of the Workshop
- Networking Reception Monday 5:00 – 6:00 pm
Reviews from Previous “Best Practice Roundtable Workshop” Participants
When asked what they liked best about the Workshop:
“I loved the format of this training. It was great to hear so many different perspectives and to get so many questions answered.”
“Another great event, great location, great food, great learning.”
“Experienced presenters added personal experiences, which was great.”
“Loved the format with short presentations followed by Q&A time.”
“I learned a lot of different information from a variety of excellent consultants.”
“I liked the panel of speakers and their various stories of auditing the Owner’s projects. Each story was unique and highlighted a problem and explained a resolution.”
“The new format was an excellent opportunity to share experiences with peers.”
“The revised format with case studies kept the sessions moving, interesting, with practical applications for our practice. Great participation from those attending.”
“Participation encouraged variety of skills at the table. Overall a great learning experience.”
“Really enjoyed the real life examples and discussions about how to apply in your own job.”
“Interaction with construction contract compliance experts.”
“You seem to always have speakers with current pulse of industry.”
“Very knowledgeable presenters. Excellent Workshop overall.”
“Liked the interactive discussions about current trends.”
“I enjoyed the presentations immensely. Each presenter added value and a different point of view. I felt that I picked up many issues to look for.”
“Instructors are very interactive and provide/share great examples for every topic.”
Program Fee – Register
Regular Registration Fee = $1,295
Program fee includes instruction, all program materials, first evening reception, breakfast and lunch each day and refreshment breaks.
Monday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Cancellation and Refund
We have updated our policy to reflect current concerns. Enrollment is limited to assure maximum opportunity for participation and exchange of ideas. Substitutes will be accepted until the program starts. If you need to cancel for any COVID related reason, cancellations will be accepted without incurring a cancellation fee. We also offer the option to transfer your registration to a future event. Contact Marie Jones at 254-736-0309 or email email@example.com
All participants are eligible to receive up to 16 Continuing Education Credits (CPE’s) to fulfill professional accreditation requirements. Field of Study: Auditing. Course Level: Intermediate. Group-live, lecture-style seminar; no prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding CPE, complaint, or program cancellation, please contact Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309 or Rich Townsend at (972) 679-6762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute (CAACCI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Bellagio – Las Vegas
Home of the magnificent Fountains of Bellagio and the Conservatory & Botanical Gardens. Offers 19 world-class dining options from casual to contemporary to AAA Five-Diamond, 9 of which have an outdoor patio overlooking the Fountains of Bellagio.
Most of our attendees stay at the hotel for two nights and a few opt to stay over a third night. Make your reservations directly with Bellagio:
If you have any problems getting the reservation you desire at the Bellagio, please contact us for assistance.
For Bellagio Restaurants, Night Life, Casino, Amenities: www.bellagio.com
Monet Ballroom #4
3600 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Register Using the Form Below
Regular Registration Fee = $1,295.00
To Register by Telephone: Call Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309
- Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you after you register. If you do not see it in your Inbox, check your “Other” folders and add us to your email service list of “Safe Senders” to receive future emails containing seminar details.
- To Pay by Check: Select the option to “pay later” and we will email an electronic invoice.
- To Register a Group: Select the quantity in the form below.
- International Payments: must be made by credit card in advance of this seminar.
- Need Assistance: Contact Marie Jones through the chat box, call (254) 736-0309 or email: email@example.com
Have Questions? Contact Marie Jones through the chat box (bottom right of screen), call (254) 736-0309 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org