This In-Person Workshop was held in June, 2021.
The “10th Annual CAACCI Best Practices Roundtable Workshop” will be held in 2022.
To be notified, please join our mailing list.
See below for details including learning objectives, CPE, reviews, etc.
Presenters | Learning Objectives | CPE | Networking | Accommodations | Venue | Reviews | Fee | COVID
At our 2-day Best Practices Roundtable Workshop, we are going to have a diverse group of knowledgeable and experienced construction audit and cost control expert presenters. Each presenter will briefly share their most relevant recent experiences, lessons learned and recommendations that will provide key take-aways and follow with Q&A session. If you are ready to get out and travel again for an “in-person only” conference style event, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss!
Earn 16 CPE Credits – Course Level: Intermediate
Who Will Benefit from this Program
- Construction Audit Consultants
- Internal Audit Professionals
- Cost Engineers
- Construction and Engineering Department Representatives
- Facilities Management Department Representatives
- Procurement Department Representatives
- Learn the latest best practices in use for construction audit and cost control
- Obtain an update on the trends in tools and techniques used for construction audit and cost control
- Explore specific case example results of current best practice construction audits
- Have ample time to learn during question and answer sessions at the conclusion of each presentation
[Click Presenter’s Name for Photo & Bio. We will be adding more presenters, check back for more information.]
- Vince Chapman – Managing Principal – HPM Program Management
- Marc Gravely – Attorney – Gravely Attorneys & Counselors
- Marvin Johnson – Senior Member – Construction Management Partners, LLC
- Patrick McGowan – Senior Director, Global Compliance Monitoring & Auditing – Fortive Inc.
- Jake Ortego – Founder and Primary Partner – JA Cost Engineers and Advisors, Inc.
- Patrick Reiser – Senior Cost Consultant – Axias, Inc.
- Adam Rouse – Director – BDO USA, LLP
- Gregory Smith – Construction Counsel – Smith, Gambrell & Russell
- Stephen Strohman – Supervisor, Advisory Services – Brown Smith Wallace LLC
- Debbie Townsend – President – R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC
- Rich Townsend – President – The Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
- John Wisz – Principal – Wiszco, LLC
Informal Networking Opportunities Included
- Breakfast will be provided each morning of the seminar
- Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon refreshment breaks
- Lunch will be provided for the group both days of the Workshop
- Networking Reception Monday 4:45 – 6:15 pm
Reviews from Previous “Best Practice Roundtable Workshop” Participants
When asked what they liked best about the Workshop:
“Experienced presenters added personal experiences, which was great.”
“I learned a lot of different information from a variety of excellent consultants.”
“I liked the panel of speakers and their various stories of auditing the Owner’s projects. Each story was unique and highlighted a problem and explained a resolution.”
“The new format was an excellent opportunity to share experiences with peers.”
“The revised format with case studies kept the sessions moving, interesting, with practical applications for our practice. Great participation from those attending.”
“Participation encouraged variety of skills at the table. Overall a great learning experience.”
“Really enjoyed the real life examples and discussions about how to apply in your own job.”
“Interaction with construction contract compliance experts.”
“You seem to always have speakers with current pulse of industry.”
“Very knowledgeable presenters. Excellent Workshop overall.”
“Liked the interactive discussions about current trends.”
“I enjoyed the presentations immensely. Each presenter added value and a different point of view. I felt that I picked up many issues to look for.”
“Instructors are very interactive and provide/share great examples for every topic.”
Program Fee – Register
Regular Registration Fee = $1,295
Register now to secure your seat. Pay now or pay later, if you prefer.
Program fee includes instruction, all program materials, first evening reception, breakfast and lunch each day and refreshment breaks.
Monday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Monday: 4:45 pm – 6:15 pm – Reception
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Cancellation and Refund
We have updated our policy to reflect current concerns. Enrollment is limited to assure maximum opportunity for participation and exchange of ideas. Substitutes will be accepted until the program starts. If you need to cancel for any COVID related reason, cancellations will be accepted without incurring a cancellation fee. We also offer the option to transfer your registration to a future event. Contact Marie Jones at 254-736-0309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants are eligible to receive up to 16 Continuing Education Credits (CPE’s) to fulfill professional accreditation requirements. Field of Study: Auditing. Course Level: Intermediate. Group-live, lecture-style seminar; no prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding CPE, complaint, or program cancellation, please contact Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309 or Rich Townsend at (972) 679-6762 or email email@example.com.
Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute (CAACCI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort
Discover JW Marriott’s award-winning hotel located at the base of Camelback Mountain in Paradise Valley at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. Our luxury hotel prides itself on providing guests with attentive service, deluxe amenities, heated outdoor pools, garden terraces and desert trails in the Sonoran Desert. Take our complimentary shuttle to our 18-hole championship golf courses, or treat yourself to a refreshing massage in our tranquil day spa. Savor gourmet dining experiences in our on-site hotel restaurants and bars, or relax in privacy with our resort’s large casitas and suites boasting sophisticated furnishings and outdoor living spaces.
J. W. Marriott Camelback Inn reservations and details including dining, golf, spa & fitness and amenities.
Or call (480) 948-1700 to make reservations. (Note: our group rate has now expired.)
Most of our attendees stay at the hotel for two nights (June 6 and 7, 2021) and a few opt to stay over a third night (June 8, 2021).
If you have any problems getting the reservation you desire at the Marriott, please contact us for assistance.
Experience Scottsdale, Arizona – Things to Do, Plan Your Visit, JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Salons 1, 2, 3 – Paradise Ballroom
5402 East Lincoln Drive
Scottsdale, Arizona 85253
Register Using the Form Below
Registration is closed for this event.
Regular Registration Fee = $1,295.00
To Register by Telephone: Call Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309
NOTE: Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you a few minutes after you register.
If you do not see it in your Inbox, check your “Other” folders and be sure to add us to your email service list of “Safe Senders” to receive future emails containing seminar details.
International payments must be made by credit card in advance of the seminar.
Click here for a copy of a W-9 for Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
If you need to pay by check versus credit card, please select the option to “pay later” when you register and we will send you an invoice.
Need Assistance? Contact Marie Jones through the chat box (bottom right of screen) or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are planning for a small group, plenty of personal space between attendee tables and following social distancing etiquette.
- Learn about Marriott’s Commitment to Clean New Cleaning Technologies, Cleaning Regimen and Updated Cancellation Policy
- We will continue monitoring official sources of guidance, including the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns. email@example.com