This in-person seminar was held in June, 2023.
To be notified of our next event, please join our mailing list.
See below for details including seminar content, CPE, reviews, etc.
This Workshop is SOLD OUT — Join the Wait List
This 2-day interactive Best Practices Roundtable Workshop is for the experienced construction audit and/or construction cost control professional who is looking to gain additional insight from other accomplished professionals.
We will be exploring the pros and cons of different construction contract language concepts, procurement approaches, project cost controls, and construction audit techniques. Learning points will be provided with examples.
Our hosts and guest presenters will deliver key learning points throughout the Workshop in fast-paced presentations and facilitated roundtable discussions with a meaningful amount of time for open Q&A interaction by all attendees.
Earn 16 CPE Credits – Course Level: Intermediate
Who Will Benefit from this Program
- CFO’s and Controllers
- Construction Audit Consultants
- Construction and Engineering Department Representatives
- Contract Administrators
- Cost Engineers
- Facilities Management Department Representatives
- Internal Audit Professionals
- Procurement Department Representatives
- Program Managers
- Learn the latest best practices in use for construction audit and cost control
- Obtain an update on the trends in tools and techniques used for construction audit and cost control
- Explore specific case example results of current best practice construction audits
- Have ample time to learn during question and answer sessions at the conclusion of each presentation
Click the presenter’s name for bio:
- Vince Chapman – VP, Audit & Contract Services – HPM, LLC
- Marc Gravely – Founder & Principal – Gravely Attorneys & Counselors
- Keith Hosmer – Director, Construction Audit Services – PRGX
- Robert Huff – Manager – Koch Industries
- Marvin Johnson – Sr. Project Manager – Construction Management Partners
- Jake Ortego – Principal, Audit & Contract Services – HPM, LLC
- Patrick Reiser – Director, Construction Support Services – Axias Inc.
- Melissa Goddard Shelfer – Founder & Principal – FACT Financial Investigations
- Debbie Townsend – President – R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC
- Rich Townsend – President – Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
- Richard Vermeulen – Partner – Yip Associates
- Paul Wallerus – Owner & Principal – C&M Construction Consultants, Inc.
- John Wisz – Founder & Principal – Wiszco, LLC
- Vince Yauger – Associate Vice President – Broaddus & Associates – North Texas Project Operations
Informal Networking Opportunities Included
- Breakfast will be provided each morning of the seminar
- Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon refreshment breaks
- Lunch will be provided for the group both days of the Workshop
- Networking Reception Tuesday 5:00 – 6:00 pm
Reviews from Previous “Best Practice Roundtable Workshop” Participants
When asked what they liked best about the Workshop:
“Excellent workshop! Really liked the proposed pragmatic and innovative ideas in auditing. The knowledge sharing is top-notch. Thank you and see you next year!”
“Great structure and set up. I learned a lot from the conference.”
“Format was great. Short presentations allowing more discussions on different topics. I liked the impromptu open discussion on escalation.”
“I loved the format and the panel you put together. The varied types of experience and professions represented was outstanding.”
“Well-paced. Condensed learning objectives. Very well put together.”
“Great conversation and participation among the group.”
“Excellent training. Very helpful and educational.”
“I loved the format of this training. It was great to hear so many different perspectives and to get so many questions answered.”
“Another great event, great location, great food, great learning.”
“Experienced presenters added personal experiences, which was great.”
“Loved the format with short presentations followed by Q&A time.”
“I learned a lot of different information from a variety of excellent consultants.”
“I liked the panel of speakers and their various stories of auditing the Owner’s projects. Each story was unique and highlighted a problem and explained a resolution.“
“The new format was an excellent opportunity to share experiences with peers.”
“The revised format with case studies kept the sessions moving, interesting, with practical applications for our practice. Great participation from those attending.”
“Participation encouraged variety of skills at the table. Overall a great learning experience.”
“Really enjoyed the real life examples and discussions about how to apply in your own job.”
“Interaction with construction contract compliance experts.”
“You seem to always have speakers with current pulse of industry.”
“Very knowledgeable presenters. Excellent Workshop overall.”
“Liked the interactive discussions about current trends.”
“I enjoyed the presentations immensely. Each presenter added value and a different point of view. I felt that I picked up many issues to look for.”
Program Fee – Register
This Workshop is SOLD OUT — JOIN the Wait List
Regular Registration Fee = $1,395
Program fee includes instruction, all program materials, first evening reception, breakfast and lunch each day and refreshment breaks.
Tuesday, June 20, 2023: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Networking Reception: Tuesday 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Wednesday, June 21, 2023: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cancellation and Refund
If for any reason you cannot attend a seminar you registered for, please contact Marie Jones at 254-736-0309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you notify us of your need to cancel before the scheduled event, we will be able to issue a refund or a credit, or transfer your paid registration to a future similar event.
All participants are eligible to receive up to 16 Continuing Education Credits (CPE’s) to fulfill professional accreditation requirements. Field of Study: Auditing. Course Level: Intermediate. Group-live, lecture-style seminar; no prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding CPE, complaint, or program cancellation, please contact Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309 or Rich Townsend at (972) 679-6762 or email email@example.com.
Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute (CAACCI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
JW Marriott Starr Pass – Tucson, Arizona
A desert oasis near downtown Tucson, AZ. Stay where style and comfort intersect at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa.
Located near downtown Tucson, AZ, this hotel offers uncomplicated relaxation amid the city’s top attractions. Featuring luxury amenities including many onsite restaurants, spa, golf, hiking and biking.
JW Marriott Starr Pass 3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard Tucson, Arizona 85745 Map Link
Register Using the Form Below
This Workshop is SOLD OUT — JOIN the Wait List
To Register by Telephone: Call Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309
- Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you after you register. If you do not see it in your Inbox, check your “Other” folders and add us to your email service list of “Safe Senders” to receive future emails containing seminar details.
- To Pay by Check: Select the option to “pay later” and we will email an electronic invoice.
- To Register a Group: Select the quantity in the form below.
- International Payments: must be made by credit card in advance of this seminar.
- Need Assistance: Contact Marie Jones through the chat box, call (254) 736-0309 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have Questions? Contact Marie Jones through the chat box (bottom right of screen), call (254) 736-0309 or E-mail: email@example.com