7th Annual Construction Audit & Cost Control
Best Practices Round Table Workshop
Nov. 13-14, 2018 New Orleans, LA Earn 16 CPE
This two day interactive workshop builds upon and further develops concepts introduced in our core courses. Anyone responsible for auditing construction activity and/or managing construction projects will benefit from this workshop.
$100 Early Registration Discount until August 17, 2018 – REGISTER NOW
Course Level: Advanced
CPE Hours: 16
- Mr. Courtenay M. Thompson – Courtenay Thompson & Associates
- Mr. Rich Townsend – R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC
Please join us for a dynamic two-day program which will center around the presentations of 12 experienced and successful professionals recognized for their leadership and expertise in construction audit and cost control. Don’t miss out on the interactive exchange of ideas and solutions to current issues and future concerns, and get your questions answered by these industry professionals. Following every presentation, all attendees will be given ample opportunity to be a part of this impactful, collaborative, round table discussion.
We have asked each speaker to include the following points in their presentation:
- Current best practices used in their organization related to construction audit and/or construction cost control.
- Lessons learned by giving specific examples of the recent results they have achieved using their best practices and how that added value moving forward.
- Share their vision for the future of best practices and where the industry is headed (including use of technology and AI) in construction audit and construction cost control.
- Provide their insight on new trends impacting effective construction auditing, what to watch out for, etc.
Our specific list of speakers will be published soon and will include representatives from:
- Baker Tilly
- BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Brown Smith Wallace
- Cotton & Company
- Courtenay Thompson & Associates
- Hoar Program Management
- R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC
- Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
Who Will Benefit from this Program
- Construction Audit Consultants
- Internal Audit Professionals
- Cost Engineers
- Construction and Engineering Department Representatives
- Facilities Management Department Representatives
- Procurement Department Representatives
- Learn the latest best practices in use for construction audit and cost control
- Obtain an update on the trends in tools and techniques used for construction audit and cost control
- Explore specific case example results of current best practice construction audits
- Have ample time to learn during question and answer sessions at the conclusion of each presentation
Informal Networking Opportunities
A 60 to 90 minute reception after the first day of the workshop will be held.
Breakfast will be provided each morning of the seminar
Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon refreshment breaks will be provided
Lunch will be provided for the group both days of the workshop
Reviews from Workshop Participants
“I enjoyed the presentations immensely. Each presenter added value and a different point of view. I felt that I picked up many new issues to look for.”
“Enjoyed the variety of presentations.”
$100 Early Registration Discount until August 17, 2018 = $1,195
REGULAR SEMINAR REGISTRATION Fee = $1,295
Registration FEE is payable to:
Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
3941 Legacy Drive, Suite 204 #218A, Plano, TX 75023.
Registration FEE may be paid by check, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
Program fee includes instruction, all program materials, breakfast and lunch each day and refreshment breaks.
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Cancellation and Refund
Enrollment is limited to assure maximum opportunity for participation and exchange of ideas. Substitutes will be accepted until the program starts. Cancellations will be accepted up to 14 calendar days prior to program start without incurring a $95 late cancellation fee. Full fee is charged for failure to attend when enrollment has not been canceled as specified. Contact Lynn Runyon at Courtenay Thompson & Associates, 214-361-8346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants are eligible to receive up to 16 Continuing Education Credits (CPE’s) to fulfill professional accreditation requirements. Field of Study: Auditing. Course Level: Basic. Group-live, lecture-style seminar; no prerequisites or advanced preparation required. For information regarding CPE, complaint, or program cancellation, please contact our office at 214-361-8346.
Courtenay Thompson & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
We have blocked a limited number of rooms at the New Orleans Downtown Marriott that will be available at the group rate of $179 plus tax per night.
Ideally located in the city’s Warehouse District, within a renovated 19th century cotton mill, the New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center successfully combines historic elegance with modern style. Savor the tastes of New Orleans at Wolfe’s, our on-site restaurant, which serves Creole and French favorites. Meet our neighbors in the Warehouse District
– We have blocked a limited number of rooms for our attendees for the nights of 11/12, 11/13 and 11/14.
– Please note our group rate will expire October 26, 2018.
– Most of our attendees stay at the hotel for two nights and a few opt to stay over a third night.
– If you have any problems making reservations for the nights you would like to stay at the hotel, please let us know and we will check with the hotel to see if they can accommodate your stay.
Call 1-800-228-9290 and use group code: “The Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute”
Rich Townsend is a Senior Construction Cost Control Consultant at R. L. Townsend & Associates, LLC. and President of Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
Since 1985 he has been affiliated with Courtenay Thompson & Associates as an instructor for public offering and in-house professional development seminars related to construction auditing and construction cost control.
Prior to starting his consulting firm, Rich spent 13 years with the auditing department of a major retail corporation. During his internal auditing career (1971-1984), he served in several staff and audit management positions with a specialization in audits of construction contract activity.
Mr. Townsend is a Certified Construction Auditor (CCA), a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and serves as a member of the advisory board for The National Association of Construction Auditors.
He is a graduate of Waynesburg College/Waynesburg University (Waynesburg, Pennsylvania) where he obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in accounting.
Courtenay M. Thompson is a recognized authority on fraud-related training for internal auditors, management and investigators. Since entering the educational consulting field in 1981, he has written and presented courses for corporations, government and professional associations worldwide.
He is the co-developer of courses on audit and control of construction costs, and has developed and presented courses on purchasing fraud and contract auditing. His courses are known for providing practical approaches to real problems.
Mr. Thompson’s experience prior to consulting includes public accounting, audit supervisor for consumer financial services for a large retailer, and director of auditing for a life insurance company.
$100 Early Registration Discount until August 17, 2018 = $1,195
Regular Seminar Registration Fee = $1,295.00
When registering, please be sure to use the attendee’s name and email address.
Applicable Early Registration Discounts will be applied on the next screen.
See below for more registration options.
To Register by Telephone: Call Marie Jones at (254) 736-0309
To Register by Fax: Reg Form Nov 2018 Workshop
Need Assistance? Contact Marie Jones through the chat box (bottom right of screen) orE-mail: email@example.com