- Typical contractor fees for cost plus fee with GMP construction manager/general contractor projects of various sizes
- Whether or not to reimburse for general liability insurance or have it covered by Fee
- Typical charges for general liability insurance
- Typical charges for Subcontractor Default Insurance (subguard)
- Typical charges for Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIP)
- Typical charges for worker's compensation when the contractor is self-insured and/or uses high deductibles
- Change order markup percentages allowed on subcontractor self-performed work and work performed by sub-subcontractors
- Actual wire and conduit costs versus published "book prices"
Introduction to Effective Auditing of Construction Activity
- Audit objectives related to controlling construction costs
- Project team roles and responsibilities
- Delivery systems - fast track, design build, conventional
- Contract procurement methods, types, and phases
Cost Plus and Time and Material Contracts - Typical Overcharges
- Design contract billings for time and reimbursables
- Billings for personal computer and/or mainframe computer time
- Construction contractor and/or construction manager billings for labor and labor burden
- Billings for contractor-owned equipment, third-party equipment rental, expendable tools, equipment and consumables, and material used during construction
- Transactions dealing with subcontractors
Auditing Construction Change Orders
- Typical overcharges in lump sum change orders
- Electrical change order - discussion exercise
- Change order labor and labor burden pricing
Auditing Lump Sum or Unit Price Contracts
- Quality and scope of work overcharges
- Substitution of materials or methods
- Not performing required services
- Not installing proper quantities
- Special types of lump sum contract overcharge situations
- Adjusting allowances
- Required bonds and insurance
- Improper charges for sales tax
- Special unit price overcharge situations
- Excessive quantities billed
- Improper measurement method used
- Inaccurate measurements
- Billings for excessive quantities actually performed
REGULAR SEMINAR REGISTRATION = $1,195.00
Registration FEE is payable to:
Construction Audit & Cost Control Institute, Inc.
3941 Legacy Drive, Suite 204 #218A, Plano, TX 75023.
Registration FEE may be paid by check, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
Program fee includes instruction, all program materials, lunch each day and refreshment breaks
Register On-Line: Click here to register on-line
Register by Fax or Mail: Click here to download printable registration form.
Register by Telephone: Call Lynn Runyon at Courtenay Thompson & Associates (214) 361-8346
Monday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cancellation and Refund:
Enrollment is limited to assure maximum opportunity for participation and exchange of ideas. Substitutes will be accepted until the program starts. Cancellations will be accepted up to 14 calendar days prior to program start without incurring a $95 late cancellation fee. Full fee is charged for failure to attend when enrollment has not been canceled as specified. Contact Lynn Runyon at Courtenay Thompson & Associates, 214-361-8346 or email@example.com.
All participants are eligible to receive up to 16 Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE's) to fulfill professional accreditation requirements. Field of Study: Auditing. Course Level: Basic. Group-live, lecture-style seminar; no prerequisites or advance preparation required. For information regarding CPE, complaint or program cancellation, please contact Courtenay Thompson & Associates at 214-361-8346.
Courtenay Thompson & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
We have blocked a limited number of upgraded rooms at Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center that will be available at $169.00 per night for the evenings of 12-4 and 12-5-2011. Our low rate of $169.00 is only guaranteed until 11-21-2011.
Please either click here to reserve online or call the hotel at 1-800-228-9290 to make your reservation. Please mention the "Construction Audit and Cost Control Institute" or CAACCI Meeting to receive the group rate. All reservations must be guaranteed with a deposit of the first night's room and tax charge.
The seminar classes will be held at the Dallas/Plano Marriott
Click Here for Direction s
7121 Bishop Road
Plano, TX 75024
Rich Townsend is president of the consulting firm R. L. Townsend & Associates, Inc., which provides construction cost control consulting services to Owners.
Since 1985, Mr. Townsend has been the instructor for the seminar entitled "Controlling Construction Costs" sponsored by the University of Wisconsin - School of Business - Executive Education. From 1985 through 2008, he was the primary instructor for the seminar entitled "Effective Auditing of Construction Activity" which was sponsored by The Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc. In affiliation with Courtenay Thompson & Associates, he also instructs in-house seminars related to construction contract audit and construction cost control for a wide variety of organizations and industries throughout the United States and Canada.
Prior to starting his consulting firm, Rich spent 13 years with the auditing department of a major retail corporation. During his internal auditing career (1971-1984), he served in several staff and audit management positions with a specialization in audits of construction contract activity.
Mr. Townsend is a Certified Construction Auditor (CCA) and serves on the advisory board for The National Association of Construction Auditors.
He is a graduate of Waynesburg College (Waynesburg, Pennsylvania) where he obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in accounting.
R. L. Townsend & Associates, Inc. and Courtenay Thompson & Associates have jointly developed our professional development training seminars related to construction cost control and audit.